“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
A Simple and Elegant Hors D’oeuvre
I really look forward to this week between Christmas and New Years. I know it’s a bit Scrooge like of me, but getting back to slightly (okay a lot!) less pandemonium really appeals to me.
Once the presents are unwrapped, dinner is served and the turkey carcass is on the stove happily burbling away, that tree is in serious danger of coming down. I managed to wait until the 28th this year, which I think might be a record for me. Oh I like Christmas well enough, don’t misunderstand, but I like a slightly more zen like environment. I might even go so far as to say I NEED one for my sanity.
I thoroughly enjoy the company and the cooking and all the little side stuff that goes along with it, but that type of fun and frivolity typically translates to not much actually getting done in the way of what I had THOUGHT might get done… in this case… testing TONS of new recipes to share with you all in the New Year. I’m not saying that the amount of wine that gets consumed over the holidays has anything to do with it… but… well okay yes that is exactly what I’m saying 🙂
I did however have a chance to sit down with a few of my favourite foodies and some pretty awesome ideas were thrown about… some of which I will be sharing with you in the very near future.
One thing I did make was this really gorgeous and so much simpler than you can imagine recipe which I know you will love to take to whatever New Years Eve party you will be attending!
And so I leave you with Cheese stuffed Dates with Prosciutto and a wish for a most enjoyable new year.
Enjoy & Namaste!
- Medjool dates, pitted (count on about 2 per guest)
- 125 grams Goat Cheese (more if you're filling more than about 20-30 dates) can substitute cream cheese if preferred.
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pkg prosciutto, really fatty bits removed
- Slice dates in halves, carefully removing pits.
- Mix cheese with zest and juice of lemon.
- Place a small dollop on halved date (I piped it for speed, but spooning it in will work as well).
- Tear prosciutto piece into halves and wrap around dates and cheese.