“Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy but the bible says love your enemy.”
A Worship-worthy Cocktail!
Those of you who know me personally know that I kinda like my wine… maybe even more than kinda! I like to say that I drink only two things; water and wine and when I write it down like that it almost sounds biblical! Amen to that!
Anyhoodle, back to the topic which is fact not wine but rather MARGARITAS! I suppose I shall have to add margaritas to my list at this point in the summer… doesn’t have the same biblical tone, but they will make you feel like worshipping at the temple of… mmmm… errr… tequila I guess… and limes, yes that’s right, limes!
This recipe comes from George Clooney himself… yes it’s true! As we were whiling away time on his island in Italy. He was giving me a foot massage when he shared his recipe with me… HA! No, I wish! He and a few other famous dudes own Casamigos Tequila and their website offers a few cocktail recipes well worth checking out… this isn’t one of them, but it does use his really gorgeous blanco tequila and if you are anything like me and like your beverages crisp, clean and clear (ish) then this margarita is for you.
A strong word of caution; don’t be tempted to use bottled lime juice… yes it is a good substitute when cooking, but in these bevvies the real deal is well worth the effort, and the sore forearm muscles!
Enjoy & Namaste!
- 1½ oz good quality tequila per drink
- 1½ oz Cointreau or Triple Sec per drink
- Juice of two limes per drink
- Coarse Salt
- TONS of ice
- Juice those limes (I strongly recommend that you juice WAY more than you have drink orders 'cuz people WILL be ordering seconds!)
- Dip glass rim in said juiced lime and then in coarse salt
- Add ice to glass
- Top with tequila, and cointreau (or triple sec if using)
- Fill rest of glass with lime juice